Since 2011, Highmark's Oncology Managment Pathways Program promotes evidence-based protocols, helping to control rising costs and support high-quality care and value. We appreciate the ongoing support of our network oncologists and their staff who participate in the program.
Over the past few years, we've seen options rapidly expand in this area of care. New opportunities exist in the marketplace for Highmark to bring to our network oncologists to support your important work in caring for our members.
Effective Jan. 1, 2016:
- New vendor partner: McKesson Specialty Health
- Pathways expanding to include many more cancer sites, representing more than 95 percent of Highmark patient volume
- New user-friendly web-based tool: Clear Value Plus
- Simplified use of foundational evidence-based clinical guidelines from the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN)
- Focus on ensuring efficacy, minimizing toxicity and maximizing value
The reference materials below are specific to the Electronic Health Record (EHR) programs noted. These are also available with in the Clear Value Plus software tool.
Last updated on 10/14/2021